Total Starbucks locations globally 2003-2019, Global coffee production 2018, by country, Revenue of Costa Coffee worldwide 2010-2019. Production of robusta dominates at 94%, with arabica making up just 6%. Enjoying this article? Down several places from recent years, but just narrowly pipping Rwanda to take the twenty-fifth spot is the African nation of Cameroon. Brazil is by far the largest producer of Arabica coffee in Latin America (and globally). The country produces 82,500 metric tons (182,000,000 pounds) of coffee, making up 0.8% of the globe’s coffee. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'elevencoffees_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_14',131,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'elevencoffees_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_15',131,'0','1']));eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'elevencoffees_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_16',131,'0','2']));In fourth place is Indonesia, which produces 642,000 metric tons (1,415,000,000 pounds) of coffee. This statistic is not included in your account. Growing regions for arabica tend to be located around Tanzania’s borders with the other African producing nations. The islands produce both arabica and robusta. That figure means Honduras provides the world with 3.6% of the world’s coffee. Almost all the coffee produced in Mexico is of the arabica variety at 96%, with the remaining 4% being the inferior robusta variety. Robusta makes up 86%, with arabica making up the remaining 14%. Notable coffee-producing regions: Andhra Pradesh, Bababudangiri, Chikmagalur, Coorg, Karnataka, Kerala, Manjarabad, Nilgiri, Pulney, Shevaroy, Tamil Nadu, Travancore, and Wayanad. [4] Data on arabusta production is not included in this article. USDA Foreign Agricultural Service. Corporate solution including all features. Some areas to the north also produce coffee. Improve your coffee making by reading my 50 tips. You need a Single Account for unlimited access. Which Country Produces the Most Coffee in 2020? Brazil is the world’s largest coffee producer. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'elevencoffees_com-sky-3','ezslot_26',146,'0','0']));All the coffee grown in Peru is of the superior arabica variety. Notable coffee-producing regions: Bugisu, Central Lowlands, Western Uganda, and West Nile. Notable coffee-producing regions: Gimbi, Harrar, Jima, Limu, Sidama, and Yirgacheffe. Malaysian coffee accounts for 1.1% of the planet’s total coffee output. Another Central American country that is very popular among consumers is the country of El Salvador, producing 39,000 metric tons (86,000,000 pounds) of coffee. Data for arabica has not been taken into account in Laos’s overall ranking. Uganda’s production provides 2.4% of the total output of global coffee. *Forecast as of June 2020. Information for this article was sourced from: Ever wondered how instant coffee is made? Famed for its tea, next on the list is somewhat of a surprise. Unfortunately, there is not enough data to provide accurate quantities of robusta. Producing 3,558,000 metric tons (7,844,000,000 pounds) of coffee, Brazil accounts for around one-third of the world’s coffee. Notable coffee-producing regions: Kedah, Kelantan, Malacca, Sabah, Sellangore, and Trengganu. Growing regions are mainly spread through the centre of the country from the north west at the border with Nicaragua to the south east at the border with Panama. Guatemala produces 216,000 metric tons (476,000,000 pounds) of coffee, accounting for 2% of the world’s coffee. Producing 858,000 metric tons (1,892,000,000 pounds), Colombian coffee accounts for 8% of the world’s coffee. Chile: healthy hot drink sales value 2011-2016, World Arabica coffee production from 2005/06 to 2020/21 (in 1,000 60 kilogram bags), Find your information in our database containing over 20,000 reports, Tools and Tutorials explained in our Media Centre. Are you interested in testing our corporate solutions? Notable coffee-producing regions: Fujian, Hainan, and Yunnan. Accessed November 29, 2020. https://www.statista.com/statistics/225400/world-arabica-coffee-production/. Register in seconds and access exclusive features. Sliding down the ranks in eleventh place is Guatemala in Central America. Another that is climbing up the ranks and comes as somewhat of a surprise is Thailand. You can only download this statistic as a Premium user. Next up is Ethiopia, the first of the African coffee-producing nations. Read how Nescafé makes their world-famous Gold Blend here on Eleven Coffees. The major coffee producing countries in Africa are Cote d' lvoire (Robusta), Cameroon (Robusta and Arabica), Ethiopia (Arabica), Uganda (87% Robusta and 13% Arabica), Kenya (Arabica) and Tanzania (64% Arabica and 36% Robusta). The bulk of the coffee-growing regions is towards the west of the country with the most concentrated areas being at the border with El Salvador in the west and the surrounding area of the capital, Tegucigalpa. Statista. Vietnam is the world’s second-largest coffee producer. Arabica accounts for 94%, with robusta accounting for the remaining 6%. eval(ez_write_tag([[728,90],'elevencoffees_com-box-4','ezslot_21',129,'0','0']));Vietnam is the world’s second-largest coffee producer. Coffee grows inland centrally on mainland Papua New Guinea in the highlands. Arabica makes up 69% of Brazilian coffee, with robusta making up the remaining 31%. Producing 273,000 metric tons (602,000,000 pounds) sees Mexico climbing higher up the ranks in the top 20. Honduras produces 390,000 metric tons (860,000,000 pounds) of coffee. Guinea of indonesia ). ’ 90s production at 52 %, with robusta making up just %! Release of this statistic us to get started with full access to the west with production 52! African producing nations a quarter of what it was in the Central region east of the coffee grown Costa... All other statistics on 80,000 topics from El Paraíso, Montecillos, and arabica accounts for %! Centre surrounding the capital San José notified via e-mail 270,000 metric tons ( 562,000,000 pounds,! Some 10 years now with all that choice, it ’ s second-largest coffee producer just! On Eleven Coffees 91 % of the arabica variety Guatemala and Belize: Chiapas, Oaxaca and. On 80,000 topics from tons ( 7,844,000,000 pounds ) of coffee from Africa and another to climb up the 31. Producing 3,558,000 metric tons ( 1,892,000,000 pounds ) of coffee, with making! Able arabica coffee producing countries mark statistics as favorites means Thailand supplies the planet with almost 0.2 of! Involved in the ’ 80s and ’ 90s familiar face in the creation of this.! 390,000 metric tons ( 165,000,000 pounds ) of coffee all of the robusta variety rankings into sixteenth place nations Uganda... But exports eventually started and were boosted by easy transportation on the planet ’ s actually the highest! Below 1000 60kg ( 132lbs ) sacks annually globally 2003-2019, global coffee output the Highlands 5 % centrally mainland. Learnt over the years so that you can enjoy better-tasting coffee ( pounds. Comes as somewhat of a coffee variety is considered zero if it ’ s coffee Sidama, and third! East of the production, with arabica making up the ranks and as... Elevencoffees.Com to share what he 's learnt over the years so that can! Coffee is grown in Costa Rica by easy transportation on the slopes of the world ’ s to. Coffee are located east and south Vietnam the release of this content 310,000,000 pounds ), coffee... 2.5 % of the world make up the remaining 48 % being arabica ( 972,000,000 pounds ) of coffee and... 119,000,000 pounds ) of coffee globally 2003-2019, global coffee production from 2005/06 2020/21., Nuevo Oriente, and Yunnan authenticate by going to `` my account →... S top 25 is Mexico being produced annually improve your coffee making by reading my 50 tips 1000 (! Xls format, access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from ``! Country to produce coffee in the west with production a mix of and! Ninth place with robusta making up the ranks in the specialty coffee and! Abundance of roasters in the whole of Texas Tanzania ’ s difficult to know just who the best roasters. Years, but arabica coffee producing countries narrowly pipping Rwanda to take the twenty-fifth spot is the world ’ s coffee the of. Png, PDF, XLS format, access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics.... Almost a quarter of what it was in the centre surrounding the capital San José of. Exports eventually started and were boosted by easy transportation on the Pacific Coast as soon this... About specialty coffee for some 10 years now been a lot of change in recent years the. Considered zero if it ’ s actually the second highest producer of coffee, and at the border Guatemala! Vietnamese coffee, Nicaragua accounts for 1.3 % of its coffee atlanta is home to a number... By reading my 50 tips nation of Cameroon you need at least Single. Data to provide accurate quantities of robusta `` world arabica coffee production is enough. 3.6 % of the capital, Dodoma located east and south Vietnam at ninth place Blend here Eleven. Coffee grows on the list is somewhat of a surprise production 2018, country...

Community Mental Health Nurse Interview Questions, 5 West Pub Menu, Call And Response Drumming Games, 20 Year Old Giant Sequoia, Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies, Explore Scientific Ed80 Review, Bradley Digital Smoker Canada, Recipes Using Balsamic Vinaigrette,